So I have been asked recently which products I use on a daily basis – from skincare to make up, so I have listed my day-to-day key products for my daytime, fail proof look.
I tend to stick to Nudes – Night & Day & jazz it up with a winged eyeliner or a smokey eye – I tend to wear a statement lip on rare occasions these days but come Autumn I am partial to a deep purple/burgundy such as ‘Bette’ by NARS.
So let’s get started…
- Micella water has caused a huge stir recently amongst Beauty addicts & professionals – you will see it be the topic on every Bloggers Blog, every YouTubers Channel because it is simply UH-MAZING. It’s super refreshing & nourishing. I use this as a kind of cleanser before putting anything else on my face. It’s hydrating & you don’t get that dry, tight feeling once your face dries. I highly recommend this takes up a place in your Beauty Bag! Garnier Micella Water, £1.99, Boots
- Beauty Flash Balm has been in my make up bag since my mum introduced me to it when I was around 16. This product is LUSH. It’s super luxurious on the skin & gives a really healthy, dewy glow without being oily or over powering. Simply apply this all over your face but DON’T rub it in – let it sit there & absorb for a few moments before carrying on your regime! Clarins Beauty Flash Balm, £29, Boots
- Now I had been looking for a lip scrub for AGES – I thought I saw one in Lush but searched high & low with zero results. I have been a fan of Charlotte Tilbury the last 2 years & whilst browsing Net-a-Porter I was ecstatic to find Charlotte’s Lip Renewing Honeybee Scrub. I apply this with a small, facial brush & really buff it into my lips & around my mouth area – not only is it fab at polishing your pout but it leaves a plump finish & removes any clogged pores around the under lip area. Charlotte Tilbury Lip Renewing Honeybee Scrub, £20, Net-a-Porter
- I had never used a primer until recently. I was drawn to this Smashbox Photo Finish Primer whilst in boots. Having won numerous Beauty Awards it won me over & I wasn’t disappointed. It is like silk on the skin & leaves a flawless, ultra soft surface. I wouldn’t necessarily recommend this for oily skin as it doesn’t mattify the skin throughout the day but the finish is fabulous! Smashbox Photo Finish Primer, £26, Boots
- Now this for me is the Holy Grail of all foundations for me. This is just THE best foundation I have tried – I have in the past had trials with Chanel, Dior, Benefit, Bare Minerals, the list goes on but Nars blows them all out of the water! It was thanks to the gorgeous Tia Ward that I was introduced to this product after being in constant awe of her flawless, beautiful skin! This foundation is perfect for days when you don’t need too much coverage & days when you need to build up that coverage for a more made up look. The bonus with this is you never feel like you have anything on. It doesn’t ever feel cakey or heavy & sits so beautifully on the skin. I have recommended this product to SO many people & they have thanked me profusely for it afterwards! Nars Sheer Glow Foundation in Barcelona, £31, John Lewis
- I have been using this product for a good few years now & it has to be a firm favourite that I think will ALWAYS have a home in my make up bag! YSL’s Touche Eclat is the perfect answer for a subtle highlight that is shimmer & sparkle free for a natural & non cakey finish. It’s super versatile & seems to melt into the skin whether you have a tanned or sunkissed look or your slightly paler. It almost has chameleon qualities to it & it’s a fabulous remedy for under eye circles & gentle contouring. YSL Beauty Touche Eclat in 1.5, £25, Boots
- Now straight after my application of Touche Eclat I apply a dusting of Kevin Aucoin’s The Celestial Powder for a slight strobe & highlight. Again, I have the lovely Tia Ward to thank for introducing me to Kevin Aucoin – his products are now my go-to’s amongst my daily regime. This powder has a slight glow to it but isn’t over powering with shimmer or iridescent glitz – the perfect finish if you like a more natural look for everyday wear. Kevin Aucoin’s The Celestial Powder in Candlelight, £35, BeautyBay.com
- Now for contouring. Again, Kevin Aucoin has come up with the perfect non-muddy, non-grey, non-orange colour in this Sculpting Powder. For me personally, this powder is the perfect colour giving a really natural shade for an effective contour. I also use this to add depth to my eyes by buffing it above my lid & under my eye in my lash line. It’s an all round, versatile colour that can be used in so many places! Kevin Aucoin’s The Sculpting Powder, £35, BeautyBay.com
- I have always used Rimmel’s blushers – the colourways are always on point – I don’t tend to like my blush too pigmented, I like the natural finish so this particular product for me is spot on! Rimmel London’s Lasting Finish Mono Blush in Santa Rose, £3.99, Boots
- Laura Mercier is another brand I have recently fallen for & I adore her products. This setting powder works really well holding your make up in place – it’s perfect for mattifying your look half way through the day & it isn’t heavy at all. One thing I have found with setting powders is that many claim to be ‘translucent’ yet appear to leave a white colouring to them & almost wipe you out making you look pale & washed out on top of your perfect make up you have just applied. Well not with this product! Translucent really means translucent & it really compliments the rest of your make up & I would highly recommend to anyone who suffers with a slight shine mid way through the day! Laura Mercier Translucent Setting Powder, £29, SpaceNK
- Thanks to Kylie Jenner, lip liner is now as important to me as mascara & I feel completely naked without it! I outline my pout using a dark nude & even if I don’t wear lipstick, the outline accentuates my lips giving volume & contour which changes my whole face! My day to day, go-to liner is by Clarins & I find it’s long lasting & the perfect shade for my skin tone & the best suited for a natural yet defined look. Clarins Lip Pencil, Nude Rose No.3, £17, Boots
- Again, another favourite by the super amazing Charlotte Tilbury. I tend to use this luxurious balm in replace of lipstick for a casual & natural look. It blends in beautifully with the lip liner I use & it gives a subtle, dewy finish with out being sticky, high shine or thick. The only thing I would say is that there is a strong fragrance to this which you can’t help but taste & I’m not a massive fan of that but it doesn’t stop me from using this lovely product! Charlotte Tilbury, Lip Magic Rejuvenating Smoothing Propolis Balm, £20, Net-a-Porter
<p>Blogger, Jewellery Designer, Artist, Dancer, Model, Candle Addict & Animal Lover</p>